I’m Erin (she/her) and I am a DONA certified birth doula. To support families through pregnancy, labor and the initial newborn phase is such a gift and my hope is to help your growing family get off to the best start possible. We will work together to make sure you feel informed as you navigate the twists and turns of pregnancy and delivery, and feel supported in having your best birth – whatever that looks like for you and your baby! I would be honored to be your doula.
As Your Doula
I will be available via phone, text and email to answer questions and connect you with resources from the time of hire. We will plan to meet twice before birth – typically at 35 & 38 weeks – to build a relationship, discuss your hopes and concerns for the birth of your child and plan how we might work best together. Once you are in labor, I offer continuous support and will be with you from the time you request until your baby is born, providing encouragement, physical and emotional comfort to you and your partner. I will stay one to two hours after birth, helping with early latching (if desired) and making sure your family is settled. I will visit your home in the first few days following the birth to see how everyone is adjusting. We will review your birth experience and go over any questions you may have. I will remain available to you until your baby is back up to birth weight.
Training, Continuing Education, & Community Involvement
- May 2020 – DONA International Doula Training with Marla Devens
- November 2020 – BirthEd VBAC with Liz Hochman
- February 2021 – Maternal Positioning to Promote Optimal Fetal Position with Ann Gilligan
- February 2021 – Perinatal Mental Health & Psychiatry Training with PPSM MN
- March 2021-November 2021 – Minnesota Birth Center Doula Intern
- October 2021 – Spinning Babies Training with Gail Tully
- Childbirth Collective Member since 2020, Board Member since 2022