I’m Erin, I am a DONA trained birth & postpartum doula. I completed my training in May 2020 and am working to complete my certification. Pregnancy is a transformative period, one that needs a lot of encouragement and support. As your doula, we will work together to make sure you feel confident going into birth and the newborn phase. I am here to connect you with resources in the community and evidence-based information so you feel supported and empowered during this time. I would be honored to be your doula!
As Your Doula
I will be available via text and email to answer questions and connect you with community resources from the time of hire. We will meet twice before birth – typically at 36 & 38 weeks – to get to know each other, discuss your hopes for the birth of your child and put together a birth plan. Once you are in labor, I offer continuous support and will be with you from the time you request until your baby is born, providing physical and emotional comfort to you and your partner. I will stay one to two hours after birth, helping with early latching as needed and making sure the family is settled. I will visit your home in the first few days following the birth to see how everyone is adjusting. We will review your birth experience and go over any questions you may have. I will remain available to you until your baby is back up to birth weight.
Training & Continuing Education
- May 2020 – DONA International Doula Training with Marla Devens
- November 2020 – BirthEd VBAC with Liz Hochman
- February 2021 – Maternal Positioning to Promote Optimal Fetal Position with Ann Gilligan
- February 2021 – Perinatal Mental Health & Psychiatry Training with PPSM MN
- March 2021-November 2021 – Minnesota Birth Center Doula Intern
- October 2021 – Spinning Babies Training with Gail Tully